Monday, February 15, 2010


Curiouser and curiouser
(As literary phrases often do, "curiouser and curiouser" has basically become literary shorthand for feeling of wonder and disbelief.)

My friend glen just posted something that really made me think: "If you don’t know where you’re going, any road will get you there," describes perfectly how most of us live.

Our kids are coming to visit and witness our youngest son get married. And I think about the roads they are on. And the road I am on. How many of us will meet before all roads join again in Heaven? It is funny to me that I want to stress over having them all together and at the same time hold them tight to me and somehow give them hope and strength till the next time I see them.
Some roads are harder than others. I would like to say I taught them and guided as best I could, a couple of them continually choose the harder path. I believe they will get the same place I am going in the end, but, the heartaches they endure with their choices.
Doesn't Heavenly Father have the same worries, though?
So I am telling myself to trust the Lord and enjoy my kids while they are here. the house will be full, but my heart will be also.

No comments:

Post a Comment