Sunday, March 29, 2009

I'm slow, but I can be taught


I'm learning to not hate those emails that come from friends with "please fill this out, send back to me and forward to a million of our friends..." on them. the problem I have had is that I could never find anything clever and new to say.
But my ever optimistic friends Laurie and Robin just don't give up. The latest version asks the reader to answer the questions for the sender. That by itself made it different enough to not delete. I enjoyed reading what one friend thinks the other is like. So why am I writing this? My sister. Lorna. She actually sent one back to me already filled out. It made me cry, then made me smile. Now I have to fill it out for her, but that's easy.
Your challenge is to send this on to someone. Make them cry and smile just to know how well you know them. It will make their day.
Where did we meet? When Mom was pregnant, I spoke to you.

Take a stab at my middle name? Marie, although I thought it was Tuiti Fruiti.

Do I speak a second language? Some Spanish.

Am I a cat lover or dog lover? Yes, but you had a dog.

Do I smoke? Heaven’s no.

Color of my eyes? Beautiful baby blues, just like mine.

Do I have any siblings? Duh! Two beautiful sisters and one brother.

What's one of my favorite things to do? With closed eyes, enjoy the smell of the ocean, the wind in your hair.

What's my favorite type of music? Don’t know this one, rock and roll?

Am I taller than you? Nope.

Am I shy or outgoing? Outgoing, usually, but shy because you don’t like to be around lots of strangers, unless it’s on your terms.

Am I a rebel or do I follow the rules? You follow rules, but say so when you don’t agree.

What is my birth month? The beautiful spring month of April.

Have you ever heard me sing? Yes, and like me, we couldn’t get paid for it, maybe paid to stop.

How many children do I have? Three by birth, plus a precious grandchild, Jamie.

Have we taken photographs together? Many, many, many.

When is the last time you saw me? A couple weeks ago, you flashed a beautiful smile to me on our phones, but in person, a couple Christmases ago.

When will I see you again? Hoping soon.

Have we ever had a falling out? Have probably gone some time without speaking, but we both always know, nothing can alter the love and respect we have for each other.

If you and I were stranded on a desert island, what is one thing
that I would bring? A picnic basket, complete with blanket, fresh fruit, sunscreen and hopefully a toothbrush for both of us.

Am I right handed or left handed? Left, and a very creative lefty at that.

What type of work do I do? The most important of jobs, you raise children, you are a wife and homemaker, you cater occasionally, but you always cater to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment